Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween! Here we are... this may be our last year of being able to talk the kids in to being what I want them to be to fit in with the theme.... and this year, it was BUGS!
See... Spider, Mariposa: The Butterfly Princess, Super Fly, Ladybug, and Dragonfly.

Halloween always comes and goes too quickly for me. We tried to find a way to wear our costumes as much as possible this week. Here are the kids and Cam's friend Heath's b-day party... Cam got him Transformers... and wouldn't you know it, he somehow got Heath to loan him those Transformers indefinitely. I was wondering why he was so excited to buy them for him.

We took advantage of the beautiful fall colors here in the Southwest and visited the local pumpkin patch. I love the beautiful glow of the fluorescent lights off of the pumpkins and the kids' faces.

Elsie found a new favorite thing. Pumpkins! She yells "punk-kin!!!!" EVERY time she sees one. Every time. Or, sometimes its a basketball or an orange drink cooler. Anyway, she's just looking for an excuse to yell it out loud. She carried her pumpkin around for a day or so too. Just wait until she tastes pumpkin soup...

Ana's school Halloween parade was fancy as usual.
Mariposa somehow flies with cowboy boots.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

11 comments:

Janae said...

Cute costumes! I wish the kids would let us decide their costumes forever... It's much more fun to match! Your family is growing so fast. You are always doing such fun things as a family. You are such a good mom!

Linda said...

Oh my heck! These pictures are SO fun! We know you guys go all out for Halloween but this is just so cute!
Love feeling like we're almost there!
Love ya,
Mom/Linda

The Young Family Inc. said...

Wait- what kind of bug is Aja!?!? That's not a bug!! But I LOVE it. you guys are super cool. And I love Ana's wig... you think she'd let me borrow it for next year!?!?

Amanda said...

awesome costumes!! Love the 'super fly!!"

Mike, Jess, Elijah, Julia and Amelie said...

Love the bugs costumes - you are the most fun family anywhere!

Valerie said...

Great costumes, I especially like the bug theme you had going on there.

Eric said...

Your outfits are so good - love them!! And I think the cowboy boots with the fairy outfit is very stylish - way to go Ana :). Cute pictures of your kids!!!

Shawni said...

Love the bugs!!

Cassie said...

Will says "I get all of them--except for Aja." I explain "Super Fly." He responds "Ha."

bostonshumways said...

oh my, love the costumes! I miss you guys!

eyre blog said...

Jonah makes one HUGE spider. A+ for originality and for the best family to pull it off.