Sunday, September 14, 2008

Quick Phots

Just a quick snippet of an entry with some accompanying phots.
Above: Ana, Megan and Isaac.
On Labor Day, we tried to go pick peaches at the Church orchard for a service project with Jonah's brother-in-law Jared and his kids, but the orchard had too many people! Good news for them, bad news for us, until we decided to just take the kids for a hike. The Dragon Hike is always good for a quick little red rock/slot canyon visit. Plus, the kids found a load of miniature frogs half way through the hike. Ana and her friend Megan brought home a couple dozen frogs and tadpoles, but the little guys didn't survive very long.

Cam is strange but loveable. The other day, he was making all sorts of machine noises while carrying a pillow around. We asked him what was going on, and he said he was a pillow Transformer. I laughed pretty hard. He asked why I was laughing. I said, "Well, because you could choose anything you wanted to transform into, and you chose a pillow." He said, "Well, the other things I can transform into, like a car or radio, can get broken. But when guys step on me, I only squish, and then I come back." He paused for a moment, "Also, when I am transformed into a pillow, guys just see me and say,'Hey, that's just a pillow'."


Master of transforming! I can't even see where he is! I'm thinking, "Hmm. That's just a pillow!"

Don't think we're too crazy, but we have been introducing elsie to the toilet. She actually loves it, but she's still a little freaked out when she starts "leaking". She's kind of getting the "number 2" thing down, and told us the other night she needed to go, and then she went! It'll still be a few months (or a year) before she's trained, but we thought we'd give it a try. I think she loves it because she gets to watch movies on the mini-DVD player while she's trying to go. Also, Jonah lets her wear her pants on her head.


Cam looked in the mirror the other day and exclaimed, "Hey! My eyes are still blue!!!"

Cam is a great kid and is loving preschool. But, he's also become very inquisitive and asks me random questions ALL day long. It never ends. Jonah blames it on me. We went camping last week and I asked Jonah, "What is fire made out of?", and he said he could see where Cam got it from.

We've accidentally filled up our fall with too many activities, especially Cam's soccer games. Ana has her first piano recital coming up on this Friday, which I'm excited about and she's dreading. She's also got a horse show some time next month, which she's excited about and I'm dreading. We're also doing a garage sale at the end of this month, which we're all excited about, except Jonah who'd rather just take all the stuff to the DI. And we're still trying to sell our house, still. Freakness.
Anyway, we can't leave St. G for a bit, so you might as well come and visit before its too late.

10 comments:

brittanimae said...

Those pictures of Cam are awesome. Pillow transformers--he should start his own line! I'm sure they'd be a huge hit. Good luck selling your house

lovinglife said...

Jonah and Aja
You guys have a GREAT blog! I found you through Shawni's and I went to Jerusalem with Jonah. You have to join our facebook Jerusalem group, Jonah. We're all reuniting and it's not the same without you. :) Just had to say that each time I look at your blog, I get the best laugh. I love real and fun people and you both obviously fit the bill.
Darcy
go to facebook and search groups "Jerusalem Spring 1996" and you will find us.

Live More Now said...

Love your photos and stories on the kids! sooooo much fun. I am ready to pull an Angelina Jolie and just start randomly adopting.... what is she up to now, like 6?
Hope you all are doing great! Keep up the blogging - I love checkin' in on you guys.

Valerie said...

I couldn't stop laughing at the transformers bit, HILARIOUS!

Anonymous said...

that one picture of cam with his eyes wide open looks like Chad Moore.

Noah

atec said...

gotta love those super hero pillow transformers!

Eric said...

I love your stories. Cam is HILARIOUS!!! We may just have to come and visit you guys while you are still close :)

Linda said...

You gotta love those baby blues and the great thoughts that go along with them! Funny, funny boy! Thanks so much for lending us Jonah, not only to fix the stuff that has been driving me crazy for months at Baliwood but also for letting us have him for the cruise. I sure hope you're not sorry after the first 48 hours!
Sure love you! Good luck on the potty!

bostonshumways said...

oh, i love that little cam. I need charlie to hang out with him more, I'm sure he'd be utterly delighted by the transformer pillow idea.

kelzone said...

aja,
this is kelli jean russell, brooke's little sister. you probably remember the 6-year-old version of me...i'm 19 now, a sophomore in college. anyway, i found your blog linked to brooke's and your kids have the most beautiful eyes! your oldest daughter, ana i think, is the most gorgeous girl! brooke told me to leave a comment cause she thought you would appreciate it. you can see my blog at kelzoner.blogspot.com--
caio! kelli jean