Friday, September 10, 2010

Blakely August 2010

My dad was so nice to come fly over and pick us up to go to Blakely for four days in August. We had all hoped to spend more time up there this year, but his work has been crazy and the weather hasn't been too hot, so we were happy to get at least those four days. They were AMAZING days... the weather was almost HOT! The kids and I went over for the first couple days and then my dad and I came over and picked up Jonah for the last few.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Here's our property from the air. Don't judge it too harshly.

Photobucket
And from further back for a better perspective. Our grass is dry because we don't own sprinklers.... which also means less need to mow!

Photobucket
Loved spending a few hours every day at the lake. Elsie is only making a sad face because I told her we'd have to let the frog go after I took the picture.

Photobucket
Once Jonah got to the island, it was crabbing-to-the-max.

Photobucket
The Gravy might need a new paint job one of these years. It's been 13 years since the last paint job!

Photobucket
While the big kids go crabbing with Jonah, I try to keep Elsie out of trouble, which is a full-time job.

Photobucket
We finally made it up tot he peak on our very last night there... Ana made her annual stick-teepee.

Photobucket


Photobucket
We brought a telescope to check out the amazing full moon. We couldn't stop looking at it!

Photobucket
Wow! Love those San Juan Islands!!!

5 comments:

richard said...

super gorgeous.....no wonder you trade a few bear lake days for it!m

Linda said...

This is absolutely amazing! How fun to see the places you love so much up there! Love the princess dress on the mountain top! What a gorgeous place!

bostonshumways said...

wow, those are some beauty pictures! I especially like the bubble one. Oh, I wish I could go to Blakely!

bostonshumways said...

wow, those are some beauty pictures! I especially like the bubble one. Oh, I wish I could go to Blakely!

eyre blog said...

how long of a drive is it to get there from cali again? beauty!