Thursday, June 14, 2012

Random May and June

May was blogingly neglected, so I will try to give it proper props here, though the photos are all out of order, thanks to this crazy blogger ap for the iphone.

Above is Elsie at the Ward Memorial Day beach picnic. Our ward knows how to party and chow down!

Jonah's sister-in-law Julie and her mom and sisters came to see us while they were on Maui! We LOVE Julie and the kids can't get enough of her/maul her, so we had a fun time showing her around to some of our favorite haunts. I think she and Eli should transfer to Maui!

Jonah's birthday was the end of April and my mom sent a hilarious card (think Ernest Goes to Camp). 
I gave Jonah "no candy for a year" again. I think he might be bored with that gift, but it's even harder for me the second year. I gave myself some leeway this year though, and I can eat on major and minor holidays, as well as Conference Weekend. (Although I've forgotten on every holiday thus far).
I'm really trying to get my friends to give their dads or spouses a similar gift, but no one will join me. I've thought about giving Jonah something like 26000 crunches (and spreading it out over the the year of course) too, but maybe next year....


Elsie and her friend Sophie showed up at church with the same dress! Not even planned. All great blonds think alike!

Elsie (and our whole family) was so immensely blessed this year when she was adopted into a Joy School group with this great bunch of kids and their loving moms. It made her year. What a great group of kids! Most of them are off to kindergarten next year, so we will have to find other ways to get them together.




Jonah and I worked like fire ants this month to get the house buttoned up in time for our departure to the mainland and the concurrent arrival of the renters at our house in Maui. Evenings only had time for short shenanigans, like getting the bull horn stuck on our arms. 

I am sure there are other photos somewhere that will end up on the blog, but basically we made it to a few swim meets and a few beach days in May, but mainly we just worked on the house from 6 am to 10 pm every day and the kids self schooled themselves and played outside and created mischief (especially Po). Finally we somewhat finished and Jonah and Cam left for the mainland on June 4th. The girls and I stayed behind until June 7th to clean and do the final little jobs and pack up the house and the bags. Luckily, my friends rescued me and took my girls for two of the days, because read the sign above. 

The renters came the day I left, but the day after EVERYTHING went haywire, including the new giant TV breaking (!!!), Jonah's truck not starting so it couldn't be borrowed by a friend and moved off of our lot, the back door sticking every time you close it, the dryer circuit breaker acting weird, and I also found some mouse poops in the house! There are a number of other sad but hilarious things that happened... mostly hilarious because they happened the day after Jonah (Mr. Fix Anything) left, and only a day before I was to leave, so there wasn't much I could do about them. (Keep calm. Keep calm. Keep calm... )

Anyway, we are here on the mainland in the Northwest until June 23rd, then down to San Diego, then to Dana Point, then to Las Vegas, then Bear Lake, then back to the Northwest, then back to Maui. 


1 comment:

Cassie said...

Reading that last sentence made me want to take a nap. You guys are amazing!