Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Birthday Festivities

Don't you love these one -year birthday parties? You are doing all this festive stuff for a little baby who is not going to remember a single moment of it. In fact, they are going to be overtired by the end of the day, and you are all going to be miserable. I think we should all start a new tradition of the one-year-party being a big party for the mom and dad in honor of everyone surviving the first year. Am I sounding too cranky?

Well, I guess we did need to celebrate this awesome little peanut. So, we tortured her in the usual manner... like dressing her in a party dress that was so pokey she couldn't put her arms down.


We had the Looslis, and my mom and Blake come over for a lasagna dinner (Elsie's fave), with banana cream pie for dessert (Elsie and Jonah's fave). Elsie tried and tried to blow out the candle:




And gave up and just went for the pie. Don't start your tuft on fire!

We love that little girl. She's been so messy-mischievious lately, but its cute to see her so curious. I took her to the doctor on Monday for her one-year check-up, and she's 50th percentile height (that means average), and 20th percentile weight (that means below average). She's our little petite babe. Anyway. Sorry the bobble-head won't greet you every time you come to the blog, but it was time to move on.

3 comments:

Shawni said...

Such cute pictures. I love those ones in the pokey outfit...even if it was uncomfortable for her she'll be thankful in the long run. Give her a big extra hug from us!

The Young Family Inc. said...

I love the outfit... oh I wish I was having a girl... Happy happy birthday la petite bebe!!

Linda said...

I could be wrong but I think that pokey little dress is the one we found at the Grand Bazarre in Istanbul. Hysterical! What a kick to see her be able to stand it for a few minutes anyway. I think Lucy has surely grown out of hers by now...thank goodness. LOVE this blog entry, especially because we missed the birthday!
G&G