Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Visit of Charity

Charity is here. She is Jonah's youngest and most single of his four sisters. She is also SO stylish and pretty and fun and wonderful and adventurous and helpful and kind and tolerant and sweet and funny. She is also standing right behind me right now.

We've had SO much fun and she's only been here for three days.
Above: Cam at the Seattle Library.

We wheeled that rolly bag around Seattle for five hours because we didn't bring our car over on the ferry.

Charity found her life calling at Pike's Place MArket. She wants to run a stall selling spicy jam and dried strawberries.

She kept saying, "I LOVE this!" And then we would feed her a dried strawberry. She didn't like all the fish though.

We also took her to the Gum Wall near the market. She thinks it is brilliant. Best public art in the world. She did a few leaps of happiness.

She was too scared to smile at the camera.

Elsie is an old pro... probably thanks to her pet chickens.

I think she's just afraid that the seagull might get stuck in her nest-hair.

Seattle.

Seattle.

Seattle.

She is SO cute.
Seattle.

Charity endured our two Saturday basketball games... even Cam's where the time keeper got confused and had 5 12-minute quarters.
This is the face Cam makes for most of the game.

Cam actually got some ball time.
Ana's game was awesome and they won! And Ana is the most annoying defensive player ever, which makes her excellent.

Cam said, "Basketball was a lot different than I thought it would be... I thought I would just steal and dribble and shoot... I didn't know I'd have to pass and try to play with a whole team."

We explored the local sights, including the cliffs overlooking Canada.

After church today we went to Lake Crescent and it was magical. Charity had some photo shoots.

Today was Elsie's birthday!

Ana is wearing a life preserver.

Beat that.

Happy Birthday!

We also walked through the forest. Elsie kept saying, "I'm scared... there are vampires in here!"






Happy Birthday Elsie!

9 comments:

charity eyre wright said...

oh my goodness, that youngest sister of jonah's really is strikingly pretty! and she seems like lots of fun. woah, do you think you have enough pictures of her?? and i like the captions about seattle - they are so original.

spicy jam in pike's place market - yesssss! and i'll walk down the street and add a piece of gum to the wall every day because i love it.

okay, bye. see you in the morning.
this is a peculiar comment!

love you guys!

charity eyre wright said...

oh my goodness, that youngest sister of jonah's is really strikingly pretty! and she seems like lots of fun. but woah, do you think you have enough pictures of her?

my favourite part of this post is the captions about seattle. very original. laugh out loud witty.

so, is that really pretty youngest sister of jonah's really single? i doubt it.

okay - this is wierd - i'm done talking about myself in the 3rd person. i really like you guys a lot. thanks for the adventures!!!

Shawni said...

ok, I want to move there...just to live by that forest.. I would go there every single day and take pictures...and maybe I'd even run into some vampires there. Sounds like you guys sure picked a great place to live!

Linda said...

Wow, this makes me think maybe we should go to Seattle for MFME! Heck with New Zealand!!! That is knock dead gorgeous! Plus that youngest sister of Jonah's is pretty awesome...as is the new camera! What fabulous pictures!

Sees-the-day said...

I love the photos of Elsie on the boat and all the photos on the lake and of course of you three in the tree. So cute. How fun to have Charity with you for a while. You are such a good looking family. LOVE you ALL,
Eva

lovinglife said...

Aja and Jonah,
I just love your blog. You guys look like you have the best time!! Seriously. I especially love that you have your own chickens and that you went to Port Angeles to see New Moon. What a cool life. Can I come?
Darcy (Jonah's friend from Jerusalem)

Amy said...

Okay I am still sick from looking at the gum wall. Ewww. So, I need your new address. Will you email me with it? jewls147@gmail.com Thanks!!

Cassie said...

1) Where did you get Elsie's coat--please do not say DI because I cannot get one if you got it at DI.

2) How does Elsie know there are vampires in the pacific north west?

3) How did basket ball win over wrestling!?!

Jonah and Aja said...

1) Where did you get Elsie's coat--please do not say DI because I cannot get one if you got it at DI.

Sorry. It was actually Jonah's sister's when she was a baby... his parents bought it in England, but it was made in America in 1985. Rothchild. Charity has let us borrow it for 8 years since Ana was a baby.

2) How does Elsie know there are vampires in the pacific north west?

Charity told her. Then Charity felt bad because Elsie was scared. Then I asked Elsie if she knows what a vampire is... she said no, but it was scary.

3) How did basket ball win over wrestling!?!
Ha ha. The outfits. and the lack of ear muffs.