Sunday, November 29, 2009

September is Over Already?!

You probably never thought that I'd blog again, and then here I am. We've just had little or no internet access over the last month and a half (I know, I know...I've been DYING), so I never got around to catching up on the blog. If you can bear to read OLD NEWS, here is a QUICK recap of September, before I do an even quicker recap of October and November.
(Also, I know that some of these photos/stories are repeats from previous blogs, but now I have them all organized by month for the benefit of posterity.)

Right after Ana's baptism, my brave and wonderful mom loaded up our kids and drove in our veggie oil 1981 Mercedes Station Wagon all the way to Orange County by herself! We were so worried the whole time, but she did GREAT and made it the whole way with no hiccups (except that she couldn't use the AC :) . Wow. She did that so that Jonah and I could go to NYC for Jonah's brother Tal's wedding. He left on Friday, September 4th, and I stayed in SLC to go to my old friend Chris Walker's wedding. It was an amazing wedding and reception and bride and groom were both stunning and everybody who attended said HALLELUJAH about every four minutes. Nice work Jen and Chris! And check out her dress--- her mom made the whole thing by hand! It was truly truly breathtaking.

I flew on a plane all by myself (first time in probably 10 years) to NYC on that Sunday. New York was a blast and the wedding was completely perfect, gorgeous, and sublime. Tal found the most wonderful woman named Anita who is an immigrant from Switzerland and beautiful, smart, and ambitious and completely delightful. We got to spend some time with her darling family and Jonah's immediate family and it all turned out perfectly.

You can't beat these photos from Jonah's sister Eva. Check out her photography at http://www.illumea.com/ or on the Adam and Eva link to the right. She's a genius.

All of Jonah's eight siblings and five in-laws were there and none of us brought any kids so it was a real vacation for us all too. Noah and Kristi live in NYC so they put us up and found a friends' place in the vicinity for everybody else to stay.
It wasn't all wedding parties, either. Jonah and I got to take our time at the Met, have an exquisite "restaurant week" lunch at Trump Tower, see some killer aircraft at the Intrepid museum (like, check out the YouTube videos of a Harrier taking off... that's the sort aircraft we rubbed shoulders with), AND we got some great seats at the US OPEN. What a trip.

The kids didn't miss us much while we were gone, especially since they were at "Luvy's" house in lovely Orange County. They got to go to Disneyland with my mom and then when we flew back to OC, we took them to Legoland too! Cam earned it because we promised we'd take him if he learned to read. We made the promise a year ago and he'd been reading for about 6 months, so it was a long overdue trip. TIP: If you are going to Legoland, check craigslist.org for cheap tickets. We got ours for close to free.
(You can see these and all the other Legoland photos in the September 2009 blog section.)

By early afternoon, Jonah, my mom and Elsie were all too nauseous to ride anymore rides, so I got to ride this one eight times.

Wow. Lego Star Wars. Nerdiest of the Nerdy. Ana is trying to glam it up, but it just doesn't work.

We had a great time visiting and beaching and all the fun SoCal stuff, but we finally had to load up the car and head back to Utah to pick up the rest of our stuff on the way to Washington State where we had finally decided to go and try and make a new home.

Ana had a very bad day when the wind blew her hair into the big Hubba Bubba bubble she had blown. Thank goodness for peanut butter.

We sold our house in Saint George completely furnished (dishes, towels and everything), so we didn't have much stuff in storage and Jonah's dad's cabin in New Harmony, Utah.... or so we thought. We went up there and loaded up our big covered trailer with clothes and toys and a bed and camping gear and sports equipment and office supplies and then we ran out of room and will probably be able to fill a whole two more trailers full when we go back for the rest of the stuff in the spring. Sheesh. I hate STUFF. I can't live without it, yet I hate it. They say the more you serve someone, the more you love them, but as much as I serve and pander to and bow to my stuff, I still can't bring myself to love it.
In any case, we loaded our two cars (Jonah's jeep FINALLY got all fixed and running on September 22nd, only two years after we sent it in!) and the trailer and got ready for the long move.

But before we left, we had to celebrate our friend Payton's 9th b-day at the roller skating rink. I know I already posted these photos, but I love them so much, here they are again.



The End.

No comments: