Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bear Lake

Pretty much I always spend vacation changing Elsie's shirts. I don't why she gets so dirty when we're not at home. Here we are at my sister Sonna's apartment in Provo on our way up to Bear Lake, Idaho for Jonah's family's annual reunion. Sonna can't believe she's back in Provo again (its only until December), but she's got a pretty good set up and even has an AMAZING garden with zucchinis the size of elephant trunks.

We had to stop at Hogle Zoo on our way through SLC. This is one of the only ways I can get Cam to pose for the camera. Monkey face.

They have a new carousel at the zoo, and my kids ate it up.

Finally, we got Ana u to Bear Lake so she could be with her "best cousin" Gracie. They are the same age and same year in school and even though they have fights once in awhile, they are inseparable.

One of Elsie's favorite moments was when Jonah's aunt showed up with her dog Jax. Elsie loved it so much, it almost makes me want to get a dog... almost.

Elsie's "no worries" personality has really shown through on vacation, as she never seems to worry about anything, not even the pounds of dirt she's eaten, nror the time she got locked out of the house for a half an hour, nor the noise and confusion at meals with 35 people. She has even managed to sleep in a few mornings.

She even enjoys wearing all her safety gear when we take Ana water skiing. Ana and Gracie have double skied, and Ana has wakeboarded. Jonah and I have water skiied, wakeboarded and wake surfed (my new favorite). Unfortunately, the "big mable" water tube popped a hole, so we've missed out on that. We've also had a fabulous time playing Jonah's nephew's Rock Band video game. I know what I want for Christmas...

So, we're wrapping up the reunion tonight, and then its on to the next adventure. For some amazing photos, check out Jonah's sisters blog at http://71toes.blogspot.com/2008/07/things-we-do-here.html

Hope you are having a good summer.

4 comments:

The Young Family Inc. said...

I love Cam's shirt! Jake Vela needs that shirt!!

Can't wait to see you guys!

Linda said...

It is so fun to hear about what happened at Bear Lake for every different perspective. We sure missed you guys and those adorable little eyres when you left. Hope Blakeley was fabulous. Can't wait to see the details on that!
Thanks for all your help and for the great memories!
Mom/Linda

Sassy said...

So, Sonna came by my house today... she lives just up the road from me and Jay! Can you believe we never knew till now? :)

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Hello!! Just posting so you can find my blog!!

Talk to you soon!
~Misty