Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Blogster



Photobucket
Sometimes we have to remind ourselves of the girl "behind" the hair. She loves her new "do", but Jonah and I often have a hard time seeing her face... so this photo is for us so we don't forget what she looks like.

Photobucket
Playing with a newborn piglet.

Right as Charity left to go back to San Francisco, our ultra-awesome, extra-favorite friends the Cobines came to visit from Saint George, Utah. We had so much fun while they were here that I pretty much forgot to take photos.
Luckily, the weather warmed up enough that the kids played outside almost the whole time, which is good, since 7 kids (3 of ours, 4 of theirs) inside this little house is WAY too many. Also, because they are such nice friends (and also got scared off when I told Amy I couldn't get my house to be warmer than 65 degrees... She's an 80 degrees and higher heat-lover), they stayed at the local brand-new Holiday Inn and invited us to come go swimming there, which was pretty much a highlight of my kids' existence.

Photobucket
Anyway, in the two days they were here, we did a lot of animal wrestling, four-wheeling around the property, eating leftovers, and hanging out. Jonah and Gary took the kids out on the boat a couple times to get crab too.

Photobucket
Payton was the master of the four wheeler... even with its tricky clutch.

Photobucket
Elsie asks EVERY day when we get to go back to the "howen-tell" to go swimming.

Photobucket
We were so sad to see the Cobines leave because we really don't get to see them enough. But, it was nice to lay on the couch for a few days after the 10 days of guests. If you can tell, most of the following photos were taken from the couch...
Including the one above of the Mr. Turkey wish bone pull, which Jonah won. I hope he wished for 63 million dollars and that he'll share with me.

Photobucket
Elsie has really loved the outfit options of the Christmas season.

Photobucket


Photobucket
And she hates the camera, can you tell?

Photobucket
Since I feel it is my duty to pass along the traditions of my ancestors, I have to try sponge curlers in the girls' hair at least once a year. They've yet to work correctly, but someday... someday....
Basically, Ana's hair gets less curly, and Elsie's hair is so silky they've never stayed in all night.

Photobucket
This is a SCARY HALLOWEEN PICTURE!
Actually, Jonah's paying me to show you how HUGE my belly is. Baby any day now...
Luckily I've been able to reuse the stretch marks I got from that first pregnancy.
Also, doesn't my bare belly look like the photo below?! Frightening!

Photobucket
This picture was from 5 days ago, and the piglets are almost twice as big... and twice as cute. Still, they are only cute from a distance....because we can't forget, THEY ARE STILL PIGS.
Jonah gets to castrate them this week. Anyone want to come help?

Photobucket
Thanks to a professional horse trainer who came over to give Ana a free two hour private lesson about Cocoa and Cocoa's specific temperament, Ana has been happily riding every day that she has an extra hour. Cocoa is a great horse, but had been fairly stubborn... but now with Ana's new understanding, the horse has been as good as gold. The only problem we've had is when her one foot with an extra short hoof gets sore after a long ride along the river. I'm thinking she needs a pair of nice Horsey Air Jordans and she'll be fine.

Photobucket
Ana has been SO dilligent with scopping horse poop, getting up before dawn to feed her, feeding her again after nightfall, loving her, and doing any other chores we feel are required. It's only been a month or so, but so far it's been a good thing.

Photobucket
Well, from one holiday and on to the next. My swolleness has slightly dampened my usual enthusiasm to drag my kids to EVERY SINGLE Christmas activity in town, but at least we got the Santa lap out of the way. Elsie was delighted. I didn't tell her we were at a funeral home... which is actually a GREAT place for a Santa visit... but Cam knew something was up and waited outside the whole time. When Elsie came out beaming with her little Christmas Cracker from Santa, Cam said, "WOW! Elsie you are SO brave. I was SO shy to go in there. I can't believe how brave you are! Good job Elsie!!!" Elsie didn't understand why she got all the accolades since she hasn't been shy a day in her life, especially not when Santa, photo ops, and candies are involved.

So, baby should be coming some time between tomorrow and New Year's Eve. Send us some prayers!
Merry Christmas!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So super random, but it might be worth a shot. My niece has similar hair to Ana and saw this on Oprah and now swears by it...it's called Mixed Chicks Hair products and apparently can tame anything! Just a random thought.
BTW I love reading this blog and admire you guys and your family so much!

eyre blog said...

i am still rooting for the 22nd for baby. You could bring her home in a stocking!

eyre blog said...

I may go look up the mixed chicks hair thing too. Sounds incredible!

Linda said...

How FUN to see this so close up an personal! Can't wait to see those piglets (kids as well as the real piglets) AND hope and pray that little piglet in the warming oven has popped out by the time we get there. You need your arms and legs back!

brittanimae said...

I WANT to pray for you and that baby (to become separate people at last), but I can't decide WHEN to pray for you. Are you looking for a birthday pre-Christmas? The New Year baby? You know what? I'm just going to base it on my own pregnancy experiences and go with NOW BABY NOW! Plus there's the tax break if you stick with Decemeber, so there you go. GOOD LUCK!

Ben and Ashley said...

You guys are awesome! Maybe you should've taken MY maternity clothes...they might fit you now!