Thursday, September 9, 2010

Anas Horse Camp July 2010

Horse Camp
Ana worked really hard for the last seven months saving up money, applying for grants and scholarships, and buying gear for her one week sleepover girls' HORSE RIDING CAMP! Of course, she had a blast. I think there were 30 girls, aged 8-14 at the camp, and she got to ride her heart out every day.


Horse Camp
Dorm room. This is at the end of the week... her clothes are a little worn.

Horse Camp
She got the top bunk. I think I would have had acrophobia.

Horse Camp
I really need Ana to come write a post on what these photos are showing... maybe I'll have her do it tomorrow.

Horse Camp
And here she's showing what she got the other girls her age to do when they weren't riding... pretend like they were horses. (In fact, she had a whole jump course set up in our yard until yesterday when we had her take it down... kids would come over to play and she'd get out her little whip and make them go round and round the jump course).

Anyway, we missed her a bit, and she didn't miss us at all. Can't believe she's old enough for these things now!!!

I'll try and get her to do a full update tomorrow...

3 comments:

Jonah and Aja said...

I keep wondering if this "horse crazy will ever wear off?" At this point I think not.

richard said...

Well, I HOPE not!

Linda said...

I think not too! She is just amazing. How great to have a passion like that. What a gal!